Pages

Friday 8 April 2011

Sree’s good company!

Sree’s good company!


He takes the opposition by surprise, either with his deliveries or by boogeying on the field. He even breaks into a jig like a break-dance champ.

You may remember Shantha-Kumaran Sreesanth as the aggressive and exuberant bowler. Call him what you may, but this man had the honour of being part of the WC-winning Indian cricket team. Says Sreesanth, “It feels really great. God’s been extremely kind.”

After the WC high, Sree’s all geared up for IPL-4 and this time, it’s going to be really special as he will be part of his home team, the Kochi Tuskers Kerala. “I still haven’t met my teammates. I’m really excited. I thank Gary Kirsten, who said that it would be a waste of talent if I’m not consistent in ODIs. I will make him proud at the end of the IPL,” says Sree, who isn’t nervous about playing for his home team. “The last time I felt any such pressure was in 10th standard!”


Sree was seen walking the ramp too. What’s his style statement? “It’s simple — be stylish. For me, anything comfortable will work. If you can afford to buy good stuff, then you should. There should be no kanjoosi (stinginess) when it comes to clothes, food, family and girl friends!” Just then, a guy next to him cracks up and Sree tells him, “You should never disrespect a girl.”

The Kerala boy’s got a nickname for Sachin Tendulkar. “I call him Jedi — the master of the universe. By dedicating this cup to Sachin paaji, we’ve motivated ourselves for the 2015 World Cup, which will be won by India,” he says.

Ask him how he unwinds and he says, “What I do off field is always in the news! But people who know me know that I’m not that aggressive. I get aggressive only when people tease girls, and cricket is like my girl friend! When I play for the country, the passion in me comes out. I don’t want to lose. I’m 28 right now, but I could say that I’m 18 till I die!”

Sree did his schooling at Florence Public School and this makes him love B’luru even more. “Abida ma’m is my favourite teacher and has a special place in my heart,” he reminisces.

As for Guru Gary, Sree says, “I’m truly going to miss him. This too shall pass and hopefully, we will use whatever he has taught us in the future.”

Sree’s now set to battle it out against RCB on April 9. “I met Virat Kohli in the hotel and told him, ‘see you on the field!” he says, adding, “We will win.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment